March 6, 2003
- Electric Sanders Recalled by Makita U.S.A.
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Makita U.S.A. Inc., of La Mirada, Calif., is voluntarily recalling about 350,000 electric orbit sanders. The pads on the sanders can break apart during use and strike the operator, posing an injury hazard to consumers.
March 18, 1998
- Sanders Recalled by Ryobi America Corp.
December 22, 1995
- Angle Grinder And Angle Sander Recalled by Makita
In cooperation with the U.S. ConsumerProduct Safety Commission (CPSC), Makita U.S.A. Inc. ofLaMirada, Calif., is recalling approximately 7,500 MakitaAngle Grinders and Angle Sanders. If the drive spindle onthese power tools breaks during use, the grinder or sandingdisc could separate from the tool, injuring consumers usingthe sanders or damaging the machines.
November 6, 1995
- Electrical Power Tools Recall/Replace by Porter-Cable
October 10, 1995
- Sander/Grinder Recalled by Milwaukee Electric Tool
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product SafetyCommission (CPSC), Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation of Brookfield, Wis., is recalling approximately 9,300 sander/grinders. A switch on the tools may stick "on" or may "turn on" with minima trigger pressure, which could subject the tool operator to injury.
February 24, 1995
- Random Orbit Sander Recalled by Makita