April 5, 2005
- DESA Heating Products and Scheu Manufacturing Co. Recall of Propane Heaters
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), DESA Heating Products, of Bowling Green, Ky., and Scheu Manufacturing Co., of Upland, Calif. are voluntarily recalling about 588,000 “ALL-PRO”, “Reddy Heater” and “MASTER” Infrared (Tank Top) Propane Heaters. The plastic ring on the heater’s regulator can crack, causing gas to leak out if the propane tank and heater regulator are turned on. This can create a fire hazard if an ignition source is present.
March 31, 2005
- Mr. Heater, Inc. Recall to Repair Mr. Heater “Big Buddy/Tough Buddy” Propane Heaters
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Mr. Heater, Inc., of Cleveland, Ohio is voluntarily recalling about 55,000 Mr. Heater “Big Buddy” and “Tough Buddy” portable propane heaters. The valve on the propane heaters can leak, posing a fire hazard if an ignition source is present.
August 21, 2003
- Academy Sports and Outdoors Recall of Propane Heaters
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Academy Sports and Outdoors, of Katy, Texas is voluntarily recalling Timber Creek Propane Heaters. The heaters can emit high levels of carbon monoxide (CO), posing a risk of CO poisoning to consumers if used indoors.
June 13, 2002
- Outdoor Tabletop Propane Heaters Recalled by Brinkmann
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), The Brinkmann Corporation, of Dallas, Texas, is voluntarily recalling about 45,000 outdoor tabletop propane heaters. The heaters can emit high levels of carbon monoxide (CO), which poses a risk of CO poisoning to consumers.
July 5, 2001
- Cans Unlimited Recall of Kerosene Heaters/ Cookers
Cans Unlimited Inc. (CUI), of Greer, S.C., is voluntarily recalling 2,280 Fujika kerosene heaters/cookers. The recall involves Fujika Models KSP-229 and KSP-231 Hi-Pet Heater/Cookers. Cans Unlimited, Inc. catalog and web site sold these units nationwide between April 1999 and January 2000 for $63 to $93.
November 29, 1995
- Kerosene Heaters Recall/Retrofit by RMC
September 21, 1995; Revised March 13, 2002
- Turner Propane Gas Radiant Heaters Recalled
October 3, 1994
- Bernzomatic Propane Heaters Recall and Bounty
September 15, 1987
- TX-900A Heater Recalled by Bernzomatic
October 1, 1986
- LP Gas-Fired Cabinet Heaters Recalled by Valor
April 11, 1985; Revised Decerber 3, 2001
- Kerosene Heaters Retrofited by Perfection
March 6, 1984
- Cabinet Heaters Corrected by Supersaving Heating Products
January 29, 1981
- LP Gas Water Heater Controls Warning/Correction
August 2, 1979
- Glass Doors On Wood Heaters Recalled by Jackes Evans