February 11, 2005
- Stihl Inc. Recall of Multi-Task Tools
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Stihl Inc., of Virginia Beach, Va. is recalling about 45,000 KombiSystem Multi-Task Tools. An internal clip may become dislodged and as a result, the clutch shoes could be projected from the clutch housing and strike consumers, posing the risk of injury.
June 29, 2004
- Echo Inc. Recall of Gas-Powered Hand Tools
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Echo Inc., of Lake Zurich, Ill.is voluntarily recalling about 540,000 Echo-brand grass trimmers, brush cutters, hedge clippers, power blowers and power edgers. The fuel lines on these tools can develop an “alligator surface” appearance which could develop into a condition that will allow leakage of gasoline and fuel vapor, posing a fire hazard to consumers.
May 29, 2003
- Weed Cutting Attachment Blades Recalled by Conceptual Marketing & Development, Inc.
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Conceptual Marketing & Development Inc., of Lincoln, Calif., is voluntarily recalling approximately 1.1 million metal blades for their model 4650 weed cutting attachment. The blades can break off and hit consumers causing severe impact and laceration injuries.
May 3, 2000
- Weed Trimmer Heads With Metal Chains Recalled by Weed Wizard
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Weed Wizard Acquisition Corp., of Bradley, Mich., is voluntarily recalling about 2.7 million Weed Wizard trimmer heads with metal chains and about 857,000 trimmer replacement chain sets. The end link of the trimmer’s metal chain can rapidly and unexpectedly detach during use, propelling the link into the air at a high velocity. If the metal link strikes the user or a bystander, it can penetrate skin and bone, causing injury or death.
October 20, 1999
- Weather Radios & Weed Trimmers, Brushcutters and Augers Recalled
June 22, 1989
- Firm To Provide Guard For String Trimmer
June 13, 1988
- Black and Decker Weed Trimmers Recall/Warning
November 24, 1987
- Grass/Weed String Trimmers Recalled by Black And Decker
April 29, 1986; Revised April 18, 2005
- Weed Trimmer Repaired by Black & Decker
May 14, 1985
- Sears Craftsman 22-Inch Hedge Trimmers Recalled by Singer
January 15, 1985
- Brushcutters/Trimmers Recalled by K & S
September 30, 1983
- Weed & Grass Trimmers Recalled by Echo
September 27, 1978
- Edger/Trimmer Garden Tools Replaced by Weed Eater
August 17, 1977
- Weed & Grass Trimmers Recalled by Black & Decker