December 16, 2003
- Wet/Dry Vacuums Recalled by Emerson Tool Company
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Emerson Tool Company, a division of Emerson Electric Co., of St. Louis, Mo., is voluntarily recallingWet/Dry Vacuums. The exhaust blower ports on the wet/dry vacuums are large enough for a small child to reach inside and touch the spinning blower wheel. This poses a laceration hazard to small children.
September 7, 2001
- Oreck Mfg. Recall of Certain A/C Adaptors for its ZipVac Hand Held Rechargeable Vacuum
Oreck Manufacturing Company, of Long Beach, Miss., is recalling A/C adaptors for approximately 10,000 ZipVac rechargeable vacuums. The recalled A/C adaptor is charger model U090010D that has two circular holes in it's A/C's adapter plug end. The vacuums were sold directly by Oreck or by QVC as a premium for the purchase of an Oreck upright vacuum cleaner. The vacuums with the recalled adaptor were sold from February 2001 to June 2001.
April 4, 2000
- Vacuum Cleaners Recalled by BISSELL® Homecare
November 10, 1998
- Top-Corded Vacuum Cleaners Recalled by Electrolux
In cooperation with the U.S. ConsumerProduct Safety Commission (CPSC), Electrolux, L.L.C., ofAtlanta, Ga., is recalling about 226,000 Ponytail Top-CordedHandle Upright Vacuum Cleaners. The power cords on thesevacuums extend out of the very top of the handle, and thecord is often used as an extension of the handle. The powercord can break inside the handle or the casing around thecord can break, and cause shocks or burns to the user'shand. Even when there is no apparent breaking of the casingaround the cord, these vacuums can still cause injuries.
AUGUST 19, 1993
- 1992 Bissell Trio Vacuum Cleaners Recalled
June 23, 1987
- Kenmore Canister Vacuum Cleaners Recalled by Sears
March 04, 1987
- Sears/Kenmore Vacuum Cleaners Repair by Whirlpool
April 22, 1982
- Vac Attachments Recalled by Sun Hill