February 25, 2005
- Tiffany and Company Recall of Farm Teether Rattles
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), New England Sterling of Attleboro, Mass., for Tiffany and Company of New York, N.Y., is recalling about 3,700 Farm Teether Rattles. A metal bar on the rattle can break off during use, releasing small round beads and small farm animal figures that roll off the crossbar when the soldered joints break. The beads can pose an aspiration hazard to young children. The breakage also can create ragged edges on the ring, posing a laceration hazard.
October 21, 2004
- International Playthings, Inc. Recall of Rattles
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), International Playthings Inc., of Parsippany, N.J. is voluntarily recalling about 1,600 Earlyears® Spirolly Rattle. The spiral section of the rattle can come apart, releasing small balls inside. This can pose a choking hazard to young children.
May 1, 2002
- Duckie Ring Rattle/Teethers Recalled by Prestige Toy
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Prestige Toy Corp., of New York, N.Y., is voluntarily recalling about 4,600 Duckie Ring rattle/teethers. The rattle may break, causing small beads to fall out, which presents a potential choking hazard to young children.
November 28, 2001
- HandsOnToys Rattle Recall
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), HandsOnToys, Inc. of Wilmington, Mass. is voluntarily recalling about 100,000 rattles. The rattle can break and expose the noisemaker inside the rattle handle, posing a choking hazard to young children.
October 31, 2001
- Sassy Recalls Rattles
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Sassy Inc., of Northbrook, Ill., is voluntarily recalling to replace about 455,000 soft rattles. The sewn-on, spherical shaped fabric eyes on the rattles can detach, posing a choking hazard to small children.
May 25, 2000
- Tweety Rattles and Sandals Recalled by Warner Bros. Studio
March 22, 2000
- Precious Keepsakes Rattle Recalled by Russ Berrie & Co.
June 28, 1998
- Rattles Recalled by Michael Friedman
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product SafetyCommission (CPSC), Michael Friedman Corp. of Brooklyn, N.Y. is recalling about2,000 rattles. Small parts can break off of the rattles, presenting choking and aspirationhazards to infants.
June 24, 1998
- Baby Rattles Recalled by STK International
In cooperation with the U.S. ConsumerProduct Safety Commission (CPSC), STK International Inc., ofVernon, Calif., is recalling about 15,800 baby rattles. Thehandles of these rattles could present a serious chokinghazard to infants and young children. Because of the rattlehandles' shape, they could block a child's airway ifinserted in the throat.
December 17, 1996
- Toys and Rattle Recall
September 11, 1996
- "Flip Fingers Rattle" Recalled by Gerber Products
May 15, 1996; Revised December 18, 2001
- Baby Rattle Set Recalled by Jade Express
December 18, 1995
- "Gymrattle" Recalled by Gymboree
The U.S. Consumer Product SafetyCommission and The Gymboree Corporation, of Burlingame,Calif., today announced the voluntary recall of 2,800"GymRattle" infant rattles sold after July 26, 1995. TheseGymRattles could come apart during use, releasing a smallrattle bell and small wooden pieces that present a chokinghazard to young children.
March 22, 1995; Revised July 9, 2001
- "Fudge Pop" And "Lolly Pop" Rattles Recalled by Zoll Woodworks
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product SafetyCommission (CPSC), Zoll Woodworks of Wurtsboro, N.Y., is recalling 1,993 wooden rattles. The rattle handle may present a choking hazard for young children.
December 21, 1994
- Hello Baby Rattle Sets Recalled by Jade Express
July 31, 1992; Revised July 10, 2001
- T.P.I. Of Illinois, Inc. Recalls Three Toys
June 2, 1992
- Choking Hazard Prompts Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. To Recall Bunny On A Stick
May 26, 1992; Revised July 10, 2001
- Everything's A Dollar, Inc. Recalls Fish Style Jolly Rattles Due To Choking Hazard
May 16, 1990; Revised July 9, 2001
- Small World Toys Recalls 262 Spinflower Rattles
November 2, 1989
- Puzzles, Toy Animals And Rattles Recalled By Kaybee Toy & Hobby Stores