June 10, 2005
- Bunn-O-Matic Recall of Home Coffeemakers
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Bunn-O-Matic Corp., of Springfield, Ill., is voluntarily recalling about 1.75 million Bunn® home coffeemakers. The coffeemaker’s plastic pour-in bowl and lid can melt or ignite due to an electrical failure, posing a burn and fire hazard to consumers.
June 2, 2005
- Whirlpool Recall of KitchenAid Coffeemakers
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Whirlpool Corp., of Benton Harbor, Mich. is voluntarily recalling about 529,000 KitchenAid® Coffeemakers. An internal electrical component of the coffeemaker can overheat and ignite, posing a fire hazard to consumers.
November 21, 2001
- Gevalia Coffee Coffeemaker Recall
Gevalia Coffee of Tarrytown, N.Y., is voluntarily recalling about 15,000 automatic drip coffeemakers. The recalled coffeemaker is model DL 10 and date coded 0801 and 0901. It is white, black or green with "Gevalia" written on the front. Gevalia distributed these coffeemakers through mail order coffee promotions nationwide between August 2001 and October 2001 as a free gift.
July 11, 2001
- Krups Recall of Coffeemakers
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Krups North America, of Closter, N.J., is voluntarily recalling about 218,000 automatic drip coffeemakers. An electrical connection in these coffeemakers can overheat and ignite the filter basket support, presenting a risk of fire and burn hazard to consumers.
July 11, 2001
- Atico International USA Inc. Recalls Percolators
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Atico International USA Inc., of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., is voluntarily recalling about 198,000 electric percolators. If the thermostat fails, the plastic housing of the percolator can overheat and melt while in use, posing a fire hazard.
March 2, 2000
- Coffeemakers Recalled by Tim Hortons
August 27, 1997
- Bunn Coffeemakers Recall by Bunn-O-Matic
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer ProductSafety Commission (CPSC), Bunn-O-Matic Corporation ofSpringfield, Ill., is voluntarily recalling about 442 Bunn ModelB-8B and B-8W coffeemakers. These machines could have a pinchedwire at the base of the unit which could cause an electricalshort, posing a possible shock hazard.
September 19, 1994
- Melitta Aroma Brew Automatic Drip Coffeemakers Hazard
June 21, 1994
- Under-The-Cabinet Coffeemakers Recalled by Black & Decker & GE
FEBRUARY 4, 1992
- Coffeemakers Recalled by General Electric - Seeks Higher Returns
October 15, 1991
- Mr. Coffee Cone Filter Microwave Coffeemaker Recall
March 21, 1991
- Drip Coffeemakers Recalled by General Electric
August 23, 1990
- Automatic Drip Coffeemakers Recalled by Proctor-Silex
April 24, 1989
- Fire Hazard: Hot Water, Coffee Makers Are Recalled By Rowenta
February 26, 1986
- Flavor-Lock Drip Coffeemakers Recalled by Sunbeam
June 22, 1983
- Coffeemakers Recalled by North American Systems
August 26, 1982
- Drip Coffeemakers Recalled by GE
September 4, 1979
- Coffee Percolators/Coffeemakers Corrected by Corning
February 3, 1978
- Nobility Coffeemakers Recalled
May 5, 1977
- "Mr. Coffee" Coffemakers Recalled by North American Systems